- This event has passed.
2022 NW MONTANA JOB & OPPORTUNITY FAIR
April 14, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFREE
Back and better than ever- the 2022 NW Montana Job & Opportunity Fair!
Sign ups are now open for businesses to exhibit at this year’s job & opportunity fair which will be held on Thursday, April 14th from 9am – 4pm at the Flathead County Fairgrounds Trade Center.
A partnership between the Kalispell Job Service, Flathead Valley Community College, the Daily Inter Lake, and Discover Kalispell Chamber, this year’s fair has invited local high schools to bring students for career exploration from 9-11am, Veterans and Encore workers (retirees/seniors looking to re-engage in the workforce ) for the 11am-12pm hour, and is open to the general public from 12 – 4pm.
9 am – 11 am: High School Juniors & Seniors
11 am – 12 pm: Veteran’s and retiree workforce
12 pm – 4 pm: Open to the Public
Tips for Achieving Success at the NW Montana Job & Opportunity Fair
- Plan your day. Know ahead of time which employers you will want to speak with.
- Come equipped. Have cover letters and resumes ready for each employer. Bring a few extras.
- Be ready. Think through what Qs employers might ask you so you can overcome any jitters from on the spot interviews. Have Qs ready to ask each employer. Have a notepad and take notes.
- Dress for success. Even though you may not need to dress to the 9s for the job you want, your first impression with a prospective employer should help you stand out from the crowd.
- Leave friends and family at home. It’s always nice to have a wingman, but bringing a friend, child or family member for moral support is not an impressive tactic. This is your opportunity.
- Be confident. If you’re prepared, well dressed and ready to have a great conversation with a potential employer, your confidence will be through the roof! Nicely done.